Chocolate Celebration Mousse
CHOCOLATE ALERT!!! This dessert is the chocolate sensation – it’s fantastic for all occasions! We have used chocolate eggs and bunnies making it a fun holiday treat but you can easily serve it for your guests at a dinner party by changing the decorations! Why not use chocolate truffles and a few chocolate shavings? We personally love to add a drop of bourbon or cognac – it gives the chocolate a fabulous grown-up edge! Go on- try it! You know you’ll like it…
8oz good quality milk chocolate
4oz good quality dark chocolate
¼ cup Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon of good quality cocoa powder (sifted)
500ml Heavy Cream (300ml for in the mousse and 200ml for piping on top)
Chocolate decorations of your choice
1 Medium glass bowl
1 Large glass bowl
Mr Whipstir Whisk
Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus time to set in the fridge) Serve: 6
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Be careful not to allow the bowl to touch the water. Once melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the eggs and sugar in the large glass bowl and use the Mr Whipstir to whisk until mixture is pale and thick and doubled in volume.
- Gently fold the cooled chocolate and the sifted cocoa powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl, use the Mr Whipstir Whisk to whip 300 ml of cream into soft peaks (be careful not to over whip) and gently fold the cream into the chocolate mixture keeping it as light as possible.
TIP: If you do manage to over whip your cream then add un-whipped cream a little bit at a time to bring it back to the consistency you need.
- Pour the mixture into your serving bowl, and place in the fridge to chill for at least two hours.
- Before you are ready to serve, use the Mr Whipstir Whisk to whip the remainder of your cream and pipe onto your mousse. Decorate with chocolate decorations of your choice.