Cinnamon Apple Rings Recipe
All the delicious flavours of the traditional American apple pie fried in a sweet batter and coated in a yummy sugar, cinnamon mix. Sounds too good to be true right guys? Wrong! These mouth-watering, golden, crispy Cinnamon apple rings are exactly that. If you’re a sucker for cinnamon like me or in need of a quick and tasty treat, give these a try, it’s as easy as pie….but easier!
Fry them up and serve them with a warm caramel sauce or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 3-4 Large Gala apples
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Knife ( Try our Pro-Slicer)
- 3 mixing bowls
- Whisk (try one of our Mr. Whipstir Whisks )
- Large frying pan
- Paper towel
- Wire cooling tray
- In one bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- In another small bowl, combine the egg and buttermilk and mix .For an effortless whisk give our Mr Whipstir Whisk a go!
- In a third dish, combine ½ cup of sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon for the delicious coating.
- Slice apples into ¼-inch slices. (For quick and uniform slices, why not try one of our Pro-smart slicers ).
- Remove apple cores and seeds using a biscuit cutter.
- Remove excess moisture from the apples using paper towels.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture together into the batter and mix well.
- Dip the apple ring into the batter, coating then evenly.
- Place the rings into the hot oil, cooking on both sides until brown.
- Place the rings on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Finally, dip each ring into the cinnamon, sugar mix and coat evenly, place on wire cooling rack and enjoy while warm!!