Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
How do you like the look of these beautiful sticks of cheesiness? They are simply amazing and although a little fiddly they are well worth the effort!
Here they have used mozzarella but you can use cheddar cheese or even those long thin cheese sticks that you can tear into strings (you know the ones I mean!!!) If you like a fuller flavour cheese then you could try something like French brie.
They are absolutely delicious hot or cold served with a blob of ketchup, mayo or BBQ sauce! YUM!!!
12 Mozzarella Sticks
1 Cup Plain Flour
¼ Cup Grated Parmesan
1 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 Cup of Japanese Bread Crumbs (Panko)
Salt and Pepper
¼ Cup Butter (Melted)
3 Medium Bowls
Whisk (Save a shed load of time and effort with the Mr. Whipstir Whisk)
Grater (Save a shed load of time and effort with the Professional Chef’s Shredder)
Prep Time: 20 mins plus an hour freezing time Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 400⁰
- Using a sharp knife cut your mozzarella sticks in half to make into 24 even blocks.
TIP 1: Why not try using a Pro- Fileting Knife– it’s really sharp and is fantastic for cutting all sorts of things as well as filleting fish.
- Place your flour into a medium sized bowl.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese
TIP: Why not use the Pro-Smart Shredder to grate the cheese. Its two-way grating feature means the cheese will be grated so much quicker than with an ordinary grater!
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. TIP: If you like a little more zing then why not add half a teaspoon on Cayenne Pepper.
- Whisk your eggs
TIP: Why not use the Mr Whipstir whisk, your eggs will be beaten second!
- Take each block of cheese and dip it into the flour then into the egg, and then into the breadcrumb mix and repeat once more.
- Do this with every block of cheese and lay them on a non-stick baking tray.
- Brush each with melted butter and bake in the oven for and place them in the freezer for an hour.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown