Pecan Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
Is it pecan pie? Is it bread and butter pudding? No it’s both! What a triumph this is. Nutty, creamy, comforting and fabulous! It is a delicious twist on two classics.
This is a true comfort food. It is delicious served with a drizzle of cream but it is even yummier with a huge scoop of your favourite ice-cream too. Now we personally like it with vanilla but we are sure that it will work nicely with other flavours too. Give it a try it is simply fantastic.
450ml Whole Milk
1 ½ Cups Half and Half
16oz White Bread (Older bread is fine)
½ Cup Salted Butter
1 ½ Cups Light Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Corn Syrup.
2 Cups Pecan Nuts
1Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
Oven proof dish
Spatula or Tablespoon
Whisk (try the Mr Whipstir Whisk)
Prep Time: 20 mins (plus 45 minutes for cooking) Serves: 8
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and single cream together in a jug making sure the mixture is whisked thoroughly and set aside.
TIP: Why not try the Mr Whipstir Whisk? It takes half the time of an ordinary whisk and is twice as effective.
- Cut your bread into cubes and place in a large bowl. Older bread is fine to use.
TIP: Why not use the World’s Sharpest Knife to cut the bread. It is a multi-purpose knife that is a superb bread knife.
- Pour the egg, cream and milk mixture on top of the cubes of bread and leave aside to allow it to soak in.
- In your saucepan add your butter, sugar and syrup and gently heat until all of the sugar granules have dissolved.
- Add your pecan nuts, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to the melted sugar mixture and mix together.
- Put you soaked bread into a heat proof dish and add you pecan mixture and stir the pecans in well.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the tin foil after 30 minutes and continue to cook to brown.
- Once brown remove from the oven and allow to cool for a while before serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of single cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.